Counselling services have played a vital role on college. The recent complex changes and
education trends in the world of work and society call for proper implementation of guidance and
counselling services in tertiary institutions.
The department’s mission is to be an essential resource for stakeholders who seek assistance in
dealing with personal matters ranging from transient concerns to major crises.
- To enhance students’ and staff retention, academic performance, and satisfaction by
providing professional resources to them with a variety of personal/psychological needs.
- To assist students and staff in crisis, and to intervene in potentially life threatening
- To assist students and staff members with common interest.
- To respond to the unique needs of special populations such as ethnic minorities, student
athletes, students with disabilities and international students.
- To establish and maintain collaborative relationships with faculties, staff and students.