IAESTE NEPAL LOCAL COMMITTEE – Kantipur City College
The International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience (IAESTE) is an independent international non-government organization. It provides students in technical degrees with paid, course-related, training abroad. With over 86 member countries and exchanging over 4000 job offers each year worldwide, it is the largest organization of its kind in the world.
IAESTE is open to students in technical fields such as engineering, sciences, and applied arts, and students must have completed their 4th year of studies prior to undertaking a traineeship. Traineeships can be from as little as 4 weeks up to a whole year, however most positions are 3-6 months. All traineeships are paid, and accommodation and visas are arranged by IAESTE, both in Nepal and the host country. The international IAESTE network also means you will have an instant group of contacts and friends when you arrive!
An IAESTE traineeship is a great way to earn while you learn as well as being a fantastic opportunity to travel and meet fellow students from all around the world!
In Local committee – Kantipur city college manages all the activities of IAESTE in central region of Nepal . For more information or application forms, please contact at email@example.com.
More than 90 countries are involved in exchanging over 4000 traineeships each year
The International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience, Association sans but lucratif (non-profit association), commonly known as IAESTE A.s.b.l. is an association of national committees representing academic, industrial and student interests.
We serve 4000 students, 3000 employers and 1000 academic institutions through career-focused professional internships abroad, social and intercultural reception programmes, international networking and other career and employer branding activities in more than 80 countries worldwide.
In the aftermath of World War II, a new spirit pervaded the world: a desire for International understanding and co-operation. It was this spirit that brought forth both the United Nations (UN) and IAESTE, organisations dedicated to promoting these objectives.
The Association was founded in January 1948 at the Imperial College, London, on the initiative of the Imperial College Vacation Work Committee. National Organisations from ten European countries attended this meeting and became Members and Mr. James Newby was elected General Secretary. The geographical coverage soon spread to most of Europe and beyond, as new countries were granted membership. The Association became a registered body according to Luxembourg law at its General Conference 2005 in Cartagena de Indias, Colombia.
B.HISTORY IN NEPAL: Civil Initiative (CI) is a non-for-profit organisation established in 2011, which aims to create educational opportunities and promote intercultural understanding for the better world.
What makes CI unique is that our goal is ultimately not to be needed anymore. When it gets to the point that we cannot find anymore individuals in Nepal to help because they are able to pursue quality education without outside help, then we will be satisfied.
Our assistance ranges from the community based children, regular school level students to the university level students.
Benefits for Nepali Students
- BENEFITS FOR NEPALI STUDENT
- Stand out to employers – make your CV shine!
- Live and work in another country
- Practical experience in real work environment
- Make new friends and experience different cultures
- Improve language, social and communication skills
- Make international professional contacts
- Over 80 countries to choose from
- Benefit from our expertise and 70 years experience
Benefits for Nepali Employers
- We can assist you in sourcing new employees from our network of international alumni
- Targeted advertising of your vacancies to our members and alumni through our online portal
- Promote your company brand across our platforms, including website, social media, newsletter and events
- Contribute to enhancing the employability of young people by working with us with us
- Have a physical presence at our events, talk directly to young people and promote your services
- Contribute to our mission of providing young people with life-changing traineeships around the world and promoting peace and understanding between nations
Student Involvement Process
a.REQUIREMENTS AND ELIGIBILITY
IAESTE offers undergraduate students the opportunity to gain valuable work experience abroad. Operating in over 80 countries, IAESTE can send you to parts of the world you never even thought about! All IAESTE traineeships are paid, course related and give you the chance to fully immerse yourself in a new country and culture. IAESTE trainees are part of a world-wide network and are supported through the entire application process. From work permits and visas, to accommodation and a social program, IAESTE makes it easy for you to get on with the job of developing your skills and enjoying the culture.
Language Education Duration
|While most positions require English, other language skills are sometimes preferred.||You must be currently enrolled Full-time in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree at the time of application and be studying one of the applicable disciplines.||Most placements are for 8-12 weeks during the summer, but longer term placements are also available throughout the year.
Enrollment: You must be currently enrolled Full-time in a final year Bachelor’s or Master’s degree but not recent graduates at the time of application and be studying one of the applicable disciplines
Age: You must be between the ages of 19 and 30
Language: You must speak good English. While most positions only require English, foreign language skills are sometimes preferred.
How to apply
Students who are eligible will be required to submit the form() and include :
- A completed application form containing a statement of purpose (not more than 800 words)
- A copy of your C.V. including details of past work experience
- A scanned copy of your university transcript file showing grades and subjects studied
- A scanned copy of your certificate of enrolment from your university
- A signed letter of recommendation from your class teacher related to the course field you are applying for
- A scanned copy of the front outer cover of passport along with the picture page of your passport and citizenship card
- A bank voucher of NRS. 1000 (One Thousand Nepali Rupee) as application fee
- Any other documents you consider important to your application
Selection, Nomination and Confirmation Procedure
After the applications and internship preferences have been submitted, a selection panel will view all applications and one student will be chosen per placement according to qualifications, previous practical experience, language abilities, and level of interests, adaptability and general suitability for the position. IAESTE Nepal will notify students who have been nominated to a position via e-mail and/or with the announcements on its pages. Please make sure that the e-mail address in your application form is accurate.
Once students are nominated, they will receive the actual position offer form detailing the internship and will be required to complete a nomination form which is to be returned to IAESTE Nepal along with non-refundable NRS 15,000 (Fifteen Thousands Nepali Rupees) program fee.
IAESTE Nepal will forward all nominated applications to the IAESTE office in the host country. It is the responsibility of the IAESTE office in the host country to contact the employer and to verify whether the applications have been accepted.
After an overseas placement has been confirmed, IAESTE Nepal will advise students on work permits, visas and other relevant documentation. It is ultimately the responsibility of the participant to obtain the necessary visas/permits and travel insurance as well as make flight arrangements. Participants will receive detailed information about requirements of the host country.
Nominated applicants pay a program fee of NRS. 15,000.
Participants are responsible for their own airfare, and please keep in mind that airfare is usually significantly higher during the summer months.
Participants are responsible for any visa, work permit, or other documentation fees. In addition, you are responsible for obtaining health/travel insurance while abroad.
Overseas employers will pay a salary that will cover basic living expenses during an internship; the amount varies from country to country. This information will be posted for each position.
IAESTE traineeships can be anywhere in length from 6 weeks to 1 year. This gives employers the flexibility to bring people in to assist with short term projects, or benefit from the added value of integrating someone into your team for a whole year.
IAESTE trainees cover the whole spectrum of science, engineering and applied arts subjects. This means that whatever your project we have the right people to support your team. Our participants are all in the latter part of their studies so have real knowledge to contribute.
All IAESTE countries have a national committee and many have local committees whose responsibility it is to support the students during their traineeship. This means all participants have a point/s of contact for help and advice and are often a part of a larger community of IAESTE trainees. This means they are well looked after and able to focus on their traineeship with stress or worry.
All IAESTE employers are expected to pay a cost of living allowance to their trainees. This should include enough income to cover the cost of accommodation and food. Payment of interns is an important part of our mission at IAESTE as our trainees can provide real added value to the workplace
Local committee office (Central Region, Nepal)
Kantipur City College
Putalisadak, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Phone: +977 1-4430239
IAESTE Nepal Country Office
Tej Bhawan, Narayanhiti Uttardhoka,
Lazimpath-02, Kathmandu, Nepal
Satish khatiwada @ thailand Lochan thapa @thailand
Committee of iaestenepal at KCC
Local Committee team at Kantipur City College
1 Coordinator :- Er. Rabi Shrestha
- Incoming Officer :- Mr. Rajesh Pathak
- Outgoing Officer :- Mrs. Indu Khadka Niraula
- Job Raising Officer :- Ms. Puja Pokharel
- IT Officer Mr. Raju Kattel
Advisory board of local committee
- Satya Narayan Shah, Chairman, Nepal Engineering council
- Prof Dr. Binod Kumar Bhattrari , Tribhuvan University, IOE, Pulchowk
- Prof Rama Krishna Regmee, Purbanchal University,KCC
- Prof Dr. Manish Pokharel ,Kathmandu University, Dhulikhel.
- Prof Dr. Tek Raj Gawali ,Pokhara University
- Pralhad Karki ,Managing Director, KCC