Before we begin, let’s take you back to the 1800s. Yes, we’re talking about that time before World War I, when Beethoven composed Für Elise, Napoleon was coronated, and London still had people ‘courting’ each other.
In the midst of this chaos, the first mechanical computer was invented by Charles Babbage in 1822. During that period, no one would’ve thought that this supposedly insignificant landmark would spur the rapid progression of humankind.
Who would’ve thought that Für Elise could be turned into a hip hop remix with the help of a simple open-source software?
With the first computer came the prospect of new jobs and career choices. So you see, technological innovation is at its peak – and will most likely advance further. This is why getting a degree in the IT field is all the more important. To advance in this sector, we recommend that you pursue a Master’s in Computer Application (MCA).
Of course, it’s essential to study this course from a reputed institution. At Kantipur City College (KCC), we’re here to help. To learn more about our MCA program, read ahead.
About the program
The Master of Computer Application (MCA) is a two-year (four semester) program worth 66 credit hours. Affiliated to Purbanchal University, KCC is one of the most well-known institutions that offers this course. With an MCA degree, you’ll be able to develop a range of competencies in business, software development, computing and networking. MCA students are encouraged to apply their theoretical knowledge of concepts like software design and web-based application in a practical manner.
Furthermore, our MCA program includes areas of study like web technology, advance database management, data mining, algorithm analysis & design, software engineering, project management & networking, etc. Moreover, with applied theories and hands-on computer skills, MCA graduates are capable to investigate the use, implementation and support of the information system to specific organizational domains.
Do I qualify for this MCA program?
You’ll need a Bachelor’s degree in any IT related program under the faculty of science and technology, such as Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Bachelor of Computer Engineering (BE Computer), Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT) and BSCCSIT among others.
Besides, if you’re someone who did their Bachelor’s in a non-IT field, you can apply for this MCA program by taking up a one-year Post-Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA).
The PGDCA program itself is structured in a way that helps you to establish a solid base of theoretical and practical knowledge of computer application. In addition, it essentially covers IT fundamentals, computer design, programming, data communication, web technology, system analysis, data structure, statistics, database systems & object-oriented programming.
To know more about PGDCA, click here.
Semester I (15 Credits)
- Discrete Mathematical Structure
- Operating System
- Web Programming
- Advanced Database Mgmt. System
- Organizational Behavior & HRM
Semester II (18 Credits)
- Research Methodology
- Software Engineering
- Accounting & Financial Management
- Visual Programming Language
- Elective I
- Project I
Semester III (18 Credits)
- Software Project Management
- Optimization Technique
- Marketing Management
- Design & Analysis of Algorithms
- Elective II
- Project II
Semester IV (16 Credits)
The final semester involves students in a series of seminars and industry-based project. In addition, the project is offered under the scrutiny of company and academic advisor.
You can also download the complete syllabus here.
Why choose KCC?
At KCC, we deliver our promises. Here are some of the key highlights of the KCC experience:
- We host workshops on different topics of the IT field. These workshops aim to help you connect with specialists from academia, computer application or the overall IT sector.
- We also organize seminars with exceptional speakers from the IT industry, corporate houses and INGOs. These seminars are intended to provide a platform for you to network and build rapport with some of the key figures in the industry.
- We also call up MCA graduates as guest speakers to share their practical experiences in the field. This is made possible thanks to our expansive and strong alumni network.
- We also believe in the benefits of Industry Apprenticeship in the IT industry and leading software houses.
- The projects under MCA get you actively involved in the specification, design, and development of a significant software system with full documentation and presentation.
- MCA Dissertation, substitute to master’s project, indulges you in a substantive research and helps you find a satisfactory solution to a problem. It also helps you produce a high standard of paper presentation.
- We also focus on conducting field research at various sites of non-government organizations, bank, software house and industries to give the MCA students a better picture of the current market.
- Our KCC Exhibit is a “Project Exhibition & Conference” event with the intent to promote the student projects and to interact with various industries, organizations and academic institutions. This also provides a common platform for individuals, academicians, researchers and professionals to interact with various industries and academic institutions.
Life as an MCA graduate is smooth sailing. Many MCA graduates hold business understanding and technical knowledge to occupy managerial positions in non/governmental offices, banks and information industries. As an MCA graduate, you can offer IT and consulting services to corporations – both national and multinational. With an MCA degree, you can become a software developer, web designer, network administrator, system manager, computer programmer, game developer, among others. This degree can also groom you to become a consultant and enjoy the freedom to learn and build skills.
In fact, the Future of Jobs Report by the World Economic Forum shows that by 2022, companies are likely to adopt technologies that require definitive qualifications that come with a computer science degree like MCA. So, now you know what all the buzz behind MCA is about.
Learn more, grow more at KCC!
At KCC, we groom our students to not only create a mere product, but also generate practical solutions related to information systems in commercial, financial, governmental, or other types of organizations. Our advanced curriculum, supportive faculty and efficient placement cell reflect our core values of excellence, innovation and integrity.
For more information, don’t hesitate to connect with us.