In our long history of counseling, Many students seem undecided about their career plans. Counselors can assist students in career planning, decision making, including strategies to explore interests, values, skills, personality, and life circumstances and how they relate to a student’s career choices.
Career Counseling Services include:
- Career counseling appointments which are typically 60 minutes long.
- Professional career assessment interpretation such as the Strong Interest Inventory and the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator which are typically 90 minutes long.
- Other assessments including personality, interests, values, and skills assessments.
- Assistance with choosing an appropriate major or program of study.
- Workshops and other groups related to career development.
Personal counseling includes helping students with personal life issues that interfere with their academic success. Appointments are typically 60 minutes long. Personal Counseling Services include, but are not limited to:
- Individual and group counseling.
- Holistic support for personal and emotional needs.
- Crisis intervention.
- Group sessions and workshops focused on various wellness topics.
- Psychoeducation: education about topics related to wellness.
- Teaching students how to navigate the college experience and how to advocate for themselves.
- Outreach programming including both preventative and developmental interventions.
- Supporting the successful completion of educational goals.
Personal counseling services do not include any medical treatment, diagnosis, or long-term therapy for chronic issues. Counselors make referrals for long-term therapy for mental health services, medication, county case management, social service resources, medical diagnosis, addiction counseling, and eating disorders ( click here to get to the source of this information ).